McLaughlin Creative Communications (mccinfopak) are Canadian packaging compliance professionals, supplying you with the correct information that your product is required to display for salability in Canada. We are flexible and versatile and create the copy you need to be assured your packaging meets Canadian requirements.
At McLaughlin Creative Communications correct food packaging &
labeling is a very serious business.
Our 20 years experience means we:
- Know the Canadian Food Inspection Agency rules, & guidelines.
- Understand Health & Drugs Canada regulations & specifications.
- Will verify any/all claims your product can make.
- Ensure the proper identification of Canada’s allergies is displayed.
- Recommend the correct size and location of the Nutrition Facts Table.
- Advise on placement and use of Organic logos and other certifications.
- Adjust your existing packaging to follow the CFIA packaging guidelines.
- Translate your information to “proper” Canadian English and French.
- Maintain your graphic integrity while making the bilingual transition.
MEET THE FOUNDER
I am Colleen MacLaughlin, President and Founder of MacLaughlin Creative Communications. Early in my career as a Graphic Designer, I learned that the guidelines and regulations for food packaging sold in Canada were (are) far more complex than the design world really understood and I saw an opportunity to offer this expertise to my clients. I took, and continue to take, courses in Marketing Law, Food Nutrition, and Government Guidelines so I could (can) advise my clients on the correct ways to label and display their food products for the Canadian market.
My background in Design and Art Direction added to my (then) newfound knowledge of Canadian regulations combined to give MacLaughlin Creative Communications both a creative and technical edge as the two worlds of food and art rarely converse. Now, for more than twenty years, the result has been clear, concise, bilingual packaging created for many long-standing food manufacturers and brokers. Our firm can do the same for you. I’d be happy to give you a quotation on Canadian-izing your existing labels or packages. It’s what we love to do, and what we do best, at McLaughlin Creative Communications, aka infopak.
President, McLaughlin Creative Communications